08 January 2010

Coming clean

So this is it. I decided to post my experiences with Android. Actually, this is my 1st blog ever. Well, okay, I created a couple but never for myself. 'So why do you start this just on Android?' one might ask. Pretty simple: it documents the progress a make. Maybe it's (weird) sort of a diary 2.0. And maybe it's going to help some others, preventing them from running into the exact same time consuming pitfalls I ran into. 


Let's get my hands dirty. What I am going to need (and will be using):
Installation and configuration worked out pretty straightforward.
But when the ADT plugin was updated from 0.9.4 to 0.9.5 Eclipse refused to start at all. I created a thread over at anddev.org to get some help. Since I didn't find any I had to reinstall Eclipse and Android SDK. This turned out to be a much quicker thing than messing around with the old one, combing through various configuration files on different locations. 
Having 'fixed' the issue I just created a backup copy of my entire Eclipse folder, granting a working version at all times.


The next post will provide some first code snippets.

No comments:

Post a Comment